Commuter passes and student commuter passes
|Where to buy
|When to buy
VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club, MUFG, DC, UFJ and NICOS
|Term of validity
|Commuters may choose a pass that is valid for one, three, or six months.
|Student commuter passes are available solely to students who present a commuting certificate or their student identification card designed for the purchase of a student commuter pass issued by their school.
Within the same school year, students have only to present their existing pass at the time of renewing their pass and do not have to present a commuting certificate or a student identification card. When purchasing a student commuter pass that will be valid beyond April 30, when the school year changes, students are required to present a student identification card (excluding any certificate of student status, any certificate of admission, or any certificate of entry) for confirmation of their student status along with their existing pass.
Prior to use
Only before the start date of the term of validity of the pass, will the remaining value after deducting a cancellation fee of 220 yen be refunded.
If you stop using your pass prior to its expiration at your convenience
A refund is possible if the remaining term of validity is at least one month. The value of the refund is calculated by subtracting the pass fare for the months when the pass was used and a cancellation fee of 220 yen from the total pass fare paid. Any fractional period of use of less than one month is calculated as a full month.
- *Only if a refund is requested within seven days of the start of the term of validity will the remaining value after deducting the round-trip fare for the number of days that have passed and a cancellation fee of 220 yen be refunded.
Change of commute path
After you purchase a new pass for the new commute path, a refund for your unwanted pass will be given. The remaining value after deducting the portion for the period of use calculated in units of one third of a month and a cancellation fee of 220 yen will be refunded.
- *After the start of the term of validity of a pass, the day of your request for a refund is included in number of days that have passed.
- *Pass refund requests are handled at any of our pass centers at four stations, Akihabara, Kita-Senju, Moriya, and Tsukuba.
- *Your passport or other identification document issued by public authorities is required.
- *If you request a refund for a pass purchased by credit card, the same credit card used at the time of purchase is required.
- *If you make a refund request by proxy, the proxy needs to bring a letter of proxy, a copy of a public certificate of proxy and the proxy's own identification document.